Combat Hate Crime Toolkit: This toolkit provides basic and critical information for victims, community based organizations and community leaders. It provides the following information translated into 24 different languages: (i) understanding the difference between a hate crime and hate incident, (ii) working with law enforcement and the media, (iii) a checklist for community organizations, and (iv) frequently asked questions. Access the toolkit here.
How to Get Help (Language Resources): The U.S. Department of Justice has useful translated information on how to report a hate crime to local police and the FBI in Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Japanese, and Arabic. The page also includes information on how to request an interpreter when calling the FBI tip line. Access the resources here.
Report Hate Crimes/Bias Incidents: Report any hate crimes or bias incidents to
- Law Enforcement
- Community Organizations. Help organizations track and record hate crimes and hate/bias incidents against Asian Americans.
- Asian Americans for Advancing Justice (reports hate crimes and hate/bias incidents in English, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese)
- Stop AAPI Hate (reports hate crimes and hate/bias incidents in English, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, Khmer, Punjabi, Tagalog, Hmong, and Hindi)
- Muslim Advocates(records hate crimes and hate/bias incidents against the American Muslim community)
- OCA-Asian Pacific American Advocates(records hate crimes and hate/bias incidents in English)
- Sikh Coalition(records hate crimes and hate/bias incidents against the Sikh American community)
- South Asian Americans Leading Together(SAALT) (records hate crimes and hate/bias incidents against the South Asian, Sikh, Muslim, and Arab communities)
Bystander and How to Respond to Harassment Training: Hollaback! is offering free workshops for bystander intervention training to stop anti-Asian American harassment and xenophobia, and how to respond to harassment for people experiencing anti-Asian/American harassment training. Sign up for a training session here: www.ihollaback.org/bystanderintervention.
Support Asian American Community Organizations: Consider donating time or financial resources to a local organization committed to strengthening Asian American communities: https://nymag.com/strategist/article/where-to-donate-to-help-asian-communities-2021.html
Additional resources on reporting hate crimes/bias incidents:
Resources for Educators: Educators sign up for free teacher training workshops to provide a more inclusive curriculum and learn about how Asian immigrants have contributed and shaped the way the country is today since their arrival as far back as the 1800s: https://asianamericanedu.org/workshops.html